First thing first, let’s check up on what actually is Software and Application.
What is Software?
Software is the coordination of programs and instructions used to operate computers and execute specific tasks. Software gives directions and data when computer needs to work. There are various types of software namely application software, system software, driver software, middleware, programming software, etc.,
The main categories of software are Application Software which satisfies a specific need and System Software which is designed to run computer’s hardware and provide platform to run the applications.
Now, what is Application?
Application is package of code and instructions that performs a specific task for end users. It’s a program designed only for end users’ necessity. An app is a type of software that can be installed and run-on computer, mobile or any electronic device.
There are so many types of apps such as Web-based app, native app, hybrid app, etc.,
Let’s get into the topic, learning the difference between Software and Application
- Set of instruction that operates the hardware.
- Sometimes not executable.
- Software is not often OS base.
- Software doesn’t need user interaction for functioning.
- It is the mediator between user and hardware.
- All software are not applications.
- Package of instructions which performs a specific task.
- Always executable.
- It is OS based.
- Application needs user interaction.
- Application is only by end users.
- All applications are software.
To be precise an application is a software too but the main difference is software is for the techies and is a system based set of instructions uniquely an application is a web-based software which is installed in any electronic device for end user purpose only which is user friendly and swiftly used.
Explore : Top 7 websites to learn python for free